Travel Insurance in Iran
You can request and buy Travel Insurance in Iran for the duration of your stay in Iran using this form.
Please study the fees, Benefits, General Terms and Conditions, General Exclusions and Insured’s Commitments related to this insurance before submitting your request.
After issue of the insurance, a scanned copy of the insurance policy will be sent to you, which can be submitted to the Iranian consulates for issue of visa.
While travelling to Iran, so many questions cross the mind and concern us about the possible things that can happen and we usually don’t consider them!
At this point, we realize the benefit of supports of responsible travel insurance service. So getting a travel insurance for travelling to Iran is better to be on top of TODO list for all tourists.
Having a travel insurance for entering Iran is a must, tourists should buy the travel insurance for their Iran journey from a reliable company, and otherwise at the airport they should buy Iranian travel insurance.
But how can I buy a travel insurance for Iran trip? Which company provide the best insurance coverage for travelling to Iran?
You can read this article or directly ask your question online! Friendly Iran tour consultants are available to give you all information that you need, click here to contact us!
How much does travel insurance in Iran cost?
The cost of Saman Iranian travel insurance relies on the age of passengers and the duration of stay in Iran.
|Under 12||13-65||66 – 70||71-80||80 – more|
|0 – 7 Days||3 €||6 €||9 €||11 €||22 €|
|8 – 15 Days||6 €||11 €||16 €||22 €||43 €|
|16 – 30 Days||7 €||14 €||20 €||26 €||52 €|
|31 – 45 Days||8 €||23 €||34 €||46 €||91 €|
|46 – 62 Days||13 €||27 €||40 €||55 €||109 €|
|63 – 92 Days||16 €||32 €||50 €||115 €||125 €|
Travel Insurance in Iran Fee
Benefits of the Travel Insurance in Iran
1. Medical Transfer:
Should the insured suffer bodily injuries caused by an accident, unexpected disease or mandatory quarantine during the term of this policy, Bimeh Iran (Iran Insurance Co.) shall arrange and pay for the services as follows:
1. Admission of insured to the nearest hospital.
2. Transfer of insured to a more suitable hospital compatible with the nature of the disease or inflicted injuries by necessary and accessible means such as land or air ambulances or aircraft (according to the available flight schedule, if medically needed).
2. Imbursement or treatment Expenses
Up to Euro 10,000 (or its equivalent in IR. Rials) for each case of loss during the coverage period.
1.Medical expenses which includes insured’s surgical expenses.
2.Medical emergency expenses which includes initial physician visit, imaging services and laboratory expenses, physiotherapy expenses, medical transferring to related medical centers caused by incidents such as vehicle accident.
3.Medical expenses caused by poisoning, such as food poisoning.
Franchise: Euro 25 (or its equivalent in IR. Rials) for each case of loss, excluding the cases related to the insured’s bodily injury or hospitalization for a duration of at least 24 hours.
Bimeh Iran (Iran Insurance Co.) commits itself to pay expenses concerning medical emergency cases, food poisoning, medical treatment in hospitals and surgeries undergone by the insured or his/her agent in emergency cases caused by bodily injuries or spontaneous diseases on the basis of medical certification. This commitment does not include any kind of prosthesis.
However, such payments shall continue as long as the health conditions of the insured are ascertained suitable for repatriation to his respective country by his Iranian medical team as well as the certified physician of the Bimeh Iran.
3. In the event of Medical Emergencies
Bimeh Iran shall provide the insured with the required information, such as details of the relevant hospitals, restricted surgery clinics and other specialized centers for patients and injured along with the necessary recommendations. Such information shall not include diagnostic and check-up centers.
4. Repatriation of Corpse
In the event of the death of the insured, Bimeh Iran will undertake all necessary measures and will pay for the due costs of preparatory actions and procurement of coffin for subsequent transfer of the corpse to the nearest airport to the place of burial in the Insured’s respective country. However this policy shall not cover the funeral and burial expenses.
5. Repatriation of Unaccompanied Minors
Should the insured be unable to undertake the custody of a minor under 15 years of age accompanied by him/her at the time if incident, due to his/her medical transfer or repatriation of his/her corpse, Bimeh Iran (Iran Insurance Co.) shall take the necessary measure to secure repatriation of the concerned minor to his/her respective country.
5. Legal Assistance
Prepares necessary guidance, penal, civil law and judicial assistance due to vehicle accidents during his/her stay in Iran up to 250 Euros, equivalent in IR. Rials.
6. Loss of Travel Documents
In the case of loss of important travel documents, such as passport, visa stickers, airline ticket, Bimeh Iran will provide the insured with the necessary advice in order to obtain the lost or stolen documents with help from the appropriate authorities.
7. Undertake Attendant’s Travel Expenses to Iran from the country of origin in an emergency
If the insured is hospitalized due to bodily injury or illness for more than 10 (ten) days, Bimeh Iran (Iran Insurance Co,.) will pay for any one of his next of kin (selected by the insured) to come to his bed site from the country of origin to Iran (transportation costs to the place in which insured is hospitalized).
General Terms & Conditions
1. Insured : All foreign nationals visiting the Islamic Republic of Iran, individually or collectively, pilgrimage or other purposes.
Note: The services covered by this policy shall be extended to the insured, individually or collectively, subject to compatibility of the recorded personal details in the policy with those registered in his/her passport.
2. Bodily injuries : The injuries caused by spontaneous, sudden, external and visible factors except illnesses, after the insured’s arrival in Iran instigating his/her own or his/her agent’s application for aid or assistance.
3. Disease : Sudden and unpredictable conditions being contracted, started and originated after the insured’s arrival in Iran, causing his/her own or his/her agent’s application for aid or assistance.
4. Loss : Any incident leading to supply of the services subject to this policy.
5. Dependents : Insured’s father, mother, children, wife, brothers and sisters.
6. Serious Medical Cause : Bodily injury or disease jeopardizing the insured’s good health
7. Euro: The current monetary unit of the European Union.
8. Franchise: The portion of medical expenses borne directly by the insured
Scope of Coverage
The benefits stipulated in benefits section apply throughout the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Duration of Coverage
The services specified in this contract shall continue solely in Iran for a maximum duration of 92 consecutive days.
Statute of Limitation
The claims pertaining to this coverage shall be subject to the statute of limitations two years after the date of the due incidents causing such claims.
Bimeh Iran (Iran Insurance Co.) shall subrogate the insured for his/her claims against anyone being liable for the incidents leading to the losses mentioned in the benefits lists, up to the amount of the borne expenses or the paid indemnities.
Should all or part of the services rendered by Bimeh Iran be covered by a separate scheme, this company shall be subrogated to the rights and causes of action of the insured against said schemes.
A. The services subject to this contract shall be extended only to visitors whose sojourn in the Islamic Republic of Iran lasts less than 92 consecutive days.
B. The insured’s commitments do not cover the medical costs borne, directly or indirectly, by the insured without prior notification and consent of Bimeh Iran (subject of Insured’s Commitments).
C. Other Exclusions: The commitments of the insurer subject to this contract are also excluded from the cases as follows:
1. Conditions caused by traveling for energy therapy.
2. Side-effects of the treatments undergone in the insured’s country of residence.
3. Side-effects of preventive measures and vaccinations.
4. Side-effects of physiotherapy, sun therapy, cosmetic and mineral therapy.
5. Effects of existing diseases, resurgence of chronic diseases or perpetuation of conditions for which the insured consciously receive treatments. Convalescence is regarded as part of the illness period.
6. Conditions caused by war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, civil war, rebellion, alien adversary actions, hostile operations (with or without a declared war), insurgency and terrorist operations.
7. Conditions caused by deliberate self-inflicted injuries or participation in criminal acts.
8. Conditions caused by the insured’s participation in professional betting, horse racing, cycling and any other sort of motoring competitions or shows.
9. Conditions caused by participation of the insured to a fight, except in case of self-defense.
10. Conditions caused by the insured’s participation in professional athletic exercise or in order to train or take part in official competition or exhibition.
11. Conditions caused by the radioactive material disintegration or contamination caused by nuclear fuel or radioactive toxic explosive or other hazardous properties or conditions created, directly or indirectly by any explosive nuclear installation or nuclear phenomena.
12. Conditions arising out of any chronic or prolonged disease or illness of which the insured is aware or which was being treated prior to the commencement of the insurance coverage instigating the insured or his/her representatives applying for aid from Bimeh Iran (Iran Insurance Co.).
13. Conditions caused by pregnancy within three months of the expected date of delivery or upon voluntary abortion.
14. Conditions caused by psychological illness or mental derangement.
15. Conditions caused by total or partial effects of alcoholic beverages, psychotropic and narcotic drugs consumption, other than drugs being prescribed and consumed with treatment directed by a qualified registered physician.
16. Conditions caused by death, bodily injuries or disease due to suicide or attempt of same.
17. Conditions caused by the insured’s participation in professional rallies and competitions, official or organized sports and contests, mountaineering (requiring ropes and guides), cave exploration, scuba diving, winter sports, aeronautics or any form of aerial flight, excluding the cases when the insured flies as a fare paying passenger of an authorized and licensed airline, owned and operated by a commercial company.
18. Accidents caused by hard and hazardous labor, such as construction works.
19. Congenital and related diseases and disorders.
A. General Procedure
1. Application for aid:
In emergency cases the insured is required to contact the nearest 24-hours-a-day aid center of Bimeh Iran (Iran Insurance Co.), prior to any personal initiative, to provide them with the following:
1 – 1 – Full name of the insured, number and validity period of concerned policy.
1 – 2 – Insured’s address of residence in the Islamic Republic of Iran along with his/her phone or mobile number.
1 – 3 – Brief description of the accident or diseases and the type of the needed assistance.
2. Timely contact with Bimeh Iran (Iran Insurance Co.):
a. Notifications of claims: Claims shall be notified not later than 72 hours after the beginning of hospitalization or medical consultations. The claims that are notified after the lapse of the above-mentioned time-limit shall be null and void.
b. The cases encountered with fatal conditions: Notwithstanding the above article and the content of this contract, should the insured or his/her agent be encountered with fatal conditions, arrangements must be made for their immediate transfer to the nearest hospital followed by reporting the case to Bimeh Iran at the earliest possible opportunity. In such cases notification to Bimeh Iran shall not exceed 48 hours after the emergence of the fatal disease or occurrence of the accident. Failure to comply with this instruction may authorize Bimeh Iran to claim the costs incurred for such delay by the insured.
B. General Conditions
1. Restriction: Upon the occurrence of loss, the insured shall take all required measures to limit or stop the further expansion of its effects and repercussions.
2. Recovery: In appropriate cases, the insured shall furnish Bimeh Iran (Iran Insurance Co.) with all the documents and proceedings in order to enable the latter to recover the losses from the relevant sources.
Benefits of buying Travel Insurance from Iran
1. Medical and Health Insurance
2. Legal and judiciary guidance
3. Loss of Baggage
No comment yet.